Thursday, March 6, 2014

Day 4 - to Biskarret

We came out of the albergue to the restaurant.  We had only black strong coffee for breakfast.  And I am very tired.
We got together with Luis, whom we met on the bus from Pamplona and with Peter from NY.  One speaks only Spanish and the other one only English.  Interesting talking with both of them. 
The man at the restaurant suggested we walk on the highway to the first town because the snow is deep on el Camino.  After an hour I am exhausted and start to walk very slow.  Two hours later Pete decides to leaves and goes ahead.  Luis stays with us I think he is concerned about us. Really nice guy.
The walk over the Pyrenees has amazing views but it is windy, it feels cold and my backpack becomes heavier and heavier.
Finally, by noon, we arrive to Biskarret. We have walked only 12 km in 4 hours. Luis says good bye.  I am going to miss his company tomorrow.  It is amazing how quickly you can make friends on El Camino.
We find a room a the Casa Rural Maitexa.  It is a really nice place.  Within 30 minutes I've had a shower and I am sound sleep.  Got op for lunch and back to bed until supper time.
At supper I find myself on an international community of pilgrims. This is the first group here this year. There are nine of  us representing Spain, Latvia, Switzerland, Australia, Italy, France and us from Canada.  Very nice and friendly dinner.  The young Italian has walked today from Saint Jean. Almost 40 km. He looks less tired than me.
Now I ready for bed.

Holy Mary, mother of God pray for us.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the updates! Really sounds like an adventure!!!! You can do it!!! Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete