Saturday, April 12, 2014

Day 41 - Palas de Rei to Melide

67 km to Santiago de Compostela

We had a great room in Palas de Rei.  We found a new albergue and everything was nice and sparkling clean.  I slept very well but my girl did not.  Both of us woke up tired.  I guess the fall affected both of us. 
This morning my face looks worse.  My eyes were more colourful and redder than yesterday.  Fortunately  I don't feel any worse. 

When we went down for our typical Spanish breakfast of toast and cafe con leche or manzanilla (camomile tea) she found Eliza and Emiliano, we would be meeting them many more times during the walk.  That are a very nice young couple. 

The walk was short, only 17 km, but we started later, after 8:30 am so we did not arrive to Melide until 2 pm.  A few hills, some mud,  always colourful villages and some great views. 

A special moment of today was at a break when we saw the two of the little 15 year old  girls who help Brenda patch me up after the fall.  I went to say thank you again.  Their teacher was there so I went to tell him what the girls had done and to make sure he mentioned to their parents.

At Melide we found a place to stay and went out to eat something.  This is the place to eat Galician style octopus so that is what we had.  Delicious.

To finish the day we attended Palm Sunday mass in the church of San Pedro. Another very old church with a beautiful retablo in the main altar.  It has several tombs from the XIV century with the sculpture of the person on top and very special for me, it has on one side a large picture of Our Lady of Guadalupe.

Mary my mother, Our Lady of Guadalupe I ask you for my special favour and pray for all my family, in special for my grandchildren: Julian, James, Eric, Eowyn and Chloe.

No comments:

Post a Comment