Monday, September 2, 2013

El Camino de Santiago


El Camino de Santiago


This year my wife and I walked the last 100 Km of el Camino de Santiago in a "de Luxe" mode. We booked a tour with Marly Camino who provide excellent service.  The booked places to stay, meals, side tours, transfer the luggage and every day they would drive us to the place where we ended the day before.  Easy to walk with a day pack, well fed, walking no more than 15 Km per day.    So we got our Compostela but I feel we missed the experience.

So this blog is going to follow our our plans and preparations.   We want to do it next year starting in Roncesvalles;  yes 750 Km carrying all our luggage.  I guess this is not extraordinary but for me, on my 70th year of life and with some extra weight, diabetes, high blood pressure and all those other pains that come with age, this is a real challenge.  Luckily I have a young wife in her early 60s to take care on me during the journey. 

I will be writing here until and if we get to Santiago.  Right now the proposed schedule is to start in mid April and finish in early June.

No comments:

Post a Comment