Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Backpack



I have a new backpack for the journey.  It is a 40 litres Mountain Warehouse pack.  It took me a long time to decide what I wanted.  This model comes with a lower compartment for the sleeping bag, a rain cover, facilities to add a hydration system and lots of pockets.  40 litres is not very big but that is on purpose.  We want to pack as little as possible, after all, we will have to carry the stuff for 750 km.

As for the hydration system I have been using a 2 litre bag.  It fit nicely in the new pack.  The bagpack weights one kg and the water 2 kg.  I have set as my load limit 8 kg.  So adding the sleeping bag (good for temperatures of 5C to 15C) that is one more kg.  I have used half of my load in just the basics.  It is going to be difficult to live for a month and a half with luggage that weights only 4 kg (for my friend is the USA 4 kg = 8.8 lb).

I like my new pack.  I just spent some time sawing my Canadian flag patch and a Cross of Santiago patch. It is ready to go.  Soon I will have to start hiking with the new pack loaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment